Sunday, July 28, 2013

Golden Weekends

In residency having two days off in a row is kind of a big deal. So much so that it has its own name. golden weekend.



And since residency has started this is my first golden weekend. Although working 12 days straight kind of sucks I think I'd rather do that once if it means I get a golden weekend in return. There is something magical and restorative about having two days off in a row. Yesterday I cleaned, exercised, hung out with hubby and my Sancho, slept in, met co-residents for a drink, furniture shopped and watched a movie. It was a pretty great day off and now I still have today to read, study, BBQ w/friends, swim, grocery shop and finish laundry. By Monday I'll be ready to work which is good because I start inpatient floor this week. just three more days of ID left. I think I'm ready, ID was a great intro but it will be nice to be the primary provider and not simply a consultant...

I've survived my first month of residency, I adore my co-residents and I don't imagine I'll ever grow tired of newborn babies or toddling kiddos or sultry teenagers, peds is awesome and I'm reflecting on just how blessed I am this early golden weekend Sunday.

Happy weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment