Sunday, July 21, 2013

Play by play (aka a day in the life...)

6:05 awake, blogging, reading, working on ppt presentation for Monday. Plan for day: ID round and home by noon to enjoy my Saturday.

7:15 phone call from chief resident informing me I'm on back up jeopardy call and that I'm needed in the floor to fill in for sick intern. Team is admitting and has 6 old pts for whom I need to see/write notes.
8:30 walking into hospital, contacting ID attending to inform her of my extra duties, only mildly freaking out. (Times I've worked on Floor team= 0.!!!!)
9:00 pre-round w/ med student, see pts, start notes
10:00 round with ID attending
10:30 round with Team, love my med students!
12:30 get sign out from ID attending
          Get sign out from well nursery, inherit pager and 8 babies
2:00 notes, team stuff
2:30 admit new pt in respiratory distress
4:00 notes, coffee, chit chat with the other weekend warriors
6:00 sign out
7:30 complete ID note
8:00 finish admit H&P
9:00 home, dinner, final episode of Orange is the New Black
10:30 finish ppt for Mon
12:00 edit notes in bed, pre-round on ID census in prep for Sun rounds
12:30 sleep


No comments:

Post a Comment