Thursday, March 6, 2014

Awash in Memories

Grenada.
The walk at sunset....



Medical school friends that became friends for life. An Island Away. Quiet spots. An early morning kayak.

Life is good. It is. I like being a resident and I like going to work (most days). I'm back on wards and I started on nights so it I have some free daytime to enjoy life while also getting back in the swing of things. Inpatient medicine is fast paced, stressful, full of admissions, notes and sometimes not the fun stuff. Sick patients, stressed parents, tired staff BUT there is also the nightly rounding, patient and parent interactions that happen and don't feel quite so rushed, autonomy, fun with other tired residents and a quietness that is just not possible during the day. So that is good.

But I've been nostalgic lately. Missing Grenanda. Missing San Diego. Missing the past. Not in an heartbreaking awful way just happy memories and reflections on the joy and simplicity that some of the past held.

That is all I have on this Thursday morning. Headed out to pamper myself with a mani/pedi and haircut. Much needed. And then nap. And then work.

No comments:

Post a Comment